This 1964 Volkswagen Microbus 21 Window Deluxe has been a blast to drive and show! This 21 window has undergone a complete restoration in its lifetime. This project started when I wanted to get a 67 Kombi restored that I had had for many years. I was convinced that the van was not worth the restoration effort and found this 64 21 Window in Texas that had everything but the original engine. As a result of finding such a nice bus, I proceeded to have it fully restored with hand painted gauges and a custom two-tone finish that played to the original paint schemes. To match the look, the van was slightly lowered and the engine was beefed up to match the look and feel including a custom dual linkage and 911 fan shroud.
She has seen less than 3,000 miles since the restoration efforts and as noted always stored inside. Two covers are included with the van to make sure she stays this nice!
1964 Volkswagen Microbus 21 Window Deluxe History
- Original Restorations work done by John Jones at Kustom Coach Werks http://kustomcoachwerks.com/ in 2001
- Since then maintained and stored by Sean Frasier at Transporter Werks http://transporterwerks.com/
- Won several shows and awards in 2003 – 2005
- Manassas VA Bug out 55 Best Interior and 1st place air cooled
- 9th annual Pikes Peak Classic Best in Show and Best in Class
- 2003 Fineline Bug In Best in Show and Best in Class
- Feature Article and Calendar February 2004 Hot VW’s
- Johnny Lightning Die Cast Collector Series Van
She is not exactly original but has a great story with a lot of Swag that comes with her! From the tinted windows to the custom painted gauges to the working clock you can’t find a lot wrong here and you will certainly get the looks!
- There are no features available